Ever since the 2004 film adaptation of ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’, starring Jim Carey as Count Olaf, made it to the big screen, fans of the books have been crying out for something better. And it looks like that’s finally here! Netflix to the rescue, as always.
For those who need a quick refresher: ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ tracks the sorry tale of the orphaned Baudelaire children, Violet, Sunny and Klaus, as they are hounded by the evil Count Olaf who is after the Baudelaire fortune.
A few weeks ago, Neil Patrick Harris announced that he’d be playing Count Olaf, and quite frankly, we’re pretty excited about that at MP!. We can’t think of anyone better!
— Neil Patrick Harris (@ActuallyNPH) January 16, 2016
Yesterday, it was released that open calls for Klaus and Violet were closed and we have our stars! Malina Weissman from ‘Supergirl’ is our Violet:
And an unknown actor, Louis Hynes, will be playing her little brother Klaus.
We’re going to be scouring the internet for more news about ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ as we’re so excited!
How do you feel about the casting? Let us know @maximumpopbooks
- QUIZ: Which January YA release should you read first?
- TRAILER: The live-action adaptation of The BFG is coming!
- A Q&A and a sneak at the sketches of Waterstones Book of the Year winner, Coralie Bickford-Smith.
- MP! EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Everything you need to know about ‘Never Evers’ by Tom Ellen & Lucy Ivison
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- How about a new book from Malorie Blackman? ‘Chasing the Stars’ is on its way!
- Welcome to ‘The Dark Days Club’ – Lady Helen’s battle with demons has only just begun
- REVIEWER ROUND UP: ‘Not If I See You First’ is “powerful and thoughtful”