Ally Carter’s second instalment in the Embassy Row series, ‘See How They Run’, has just dropped. And it’s just as awesome as we had hoped. But just in case you’re not on the Carter band wagon yet, here’s some reasons why you need to be.
1. She’s the author of not just ONE badass, femme fatale, thrillery type series, but THREE. That’s right, count ’em. The plot thickens, the mystery and intrigues sends your mind into a spin and the characters will draw you in. Between Gallagher Girls, Heist Society and Embassy Row that totals at thirteen books to fangasm over. THIRTEEN!
— this is teen (@this_is_teen) January 22, 2016
2. The woman is a queen on social media. And an absolute luvvie to all her fans.
This is all people really need to know about me. https://t.co/8pvFcjryum
— Ally Carter (@OfficiallyAlly) January 18, 2016
On of the things I love about @OfficiallyAlly books is that instead of killing off my fave characters she just makes them wanted for murder
— Katie (@WhatPeopleSayx) January 18, 2016
3. And even though she’s this mega successful, bestselling superstar of a writer, she still suffers the same life struggles. The struggle is real people!
Now we play the “what shoes am I going to want to wear for 9 days” game? pic.twitter.com/fpWIDbtdwi
— Ally Carter (@OfficiallyAlly) January 24, 2016
4. …having the same thoughts most of us have had with the place to ourselves…
My agent’s out of the country, so I’m fighting the urge to do the writer equivalent of throwing a wild party. What that’d be I don’t know.
— Ally Carter (@OfficiallyAlly) January 21, 2016
5. She takes a question, and answers it with a question, showing just how inspirational and motivational she is.
6. Did I mention ALL THE BOOKS? Ally Carter is a force to be reckoned with, delivering fantastic reads, time after time, offering worlds to escape into and characters to lead us there. And for that we raise a glass.
Is there anything you would like to add to our Ally Carter appreciation list? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Book Lust: Check out our top 7 instas of Eric Lindstorm’s ‘Not If I See You First’
- Author Appreciation: 8 reasons we flippin love Veronica Roth, genius behind ‘Divergent’
- Twitter Says: ‘How Not To Disappear’ is a “lovely, lovely book”
- 3 reasons you just have to read the ‘Blood for Blood’ series
- Welcome to ‘The Dark Days Club’ – for fans of Cassandra Clare and Jane Austen
- Twitter says: ‘See How They Run’ by Ally Carter is “even better than ‘All Fall Down’”