‘How Not To Disappear’ by Clare Furniss has been described as “Thelma and Louise meets Juno” – meaning its got some pretty big names to live up to. Fortunately for a brilliantly talented writer like Clare, she’s done just that.
If you haven’t thought of adding this book to your TBR, or even pre-ordering it (out 28th January 2016), then here’s just 3 reasons why you need to ASAP:
- Clare Furniss’s writing
Clare’s first book, ‘Year of the Rat’, was a critically-acclaimed hit in the YA market for its superb story-telling and beautiful writing style, and ‘How Not To Disappear’ proves to be just as wonderful. Poignant and moving, while also managing to be funny, this is definitely one for those of you who are in love with words.
2. It’s unique
How many books have you read which feature a gin-drinking granny who’s losing her memory and a pregnant teenager on a road trip together? And honestly, if that bizarr-o description of this book doesn’t have you just a little bit curious, we think you really need to get those excitement-detectors of yours fixed.
3. It’s already wowing reviewers:
— TheBookbag.co.uk (@TheBookbag) January 21, 2016
So Many Books, So Little Time: How Not to Disappear, Clare Furniss https://t.co/u1Jqw4JVro
— Sophie Waters (@sophie_waters) January 4, 2016
Whipped through How Not To Disappear by @ClareFurniss. Hattie and Gloria are such fantastic central characters. What a lovely, lovely book!
— Lisa Williamson (@lisa_letters) December 11, 2015
You guys, I've been quoted in the How Not to Disappear proof!! pic.twitter.com/fRm5Z0b5A0
— Lily Golding (@cieria) November 24, 2015
Have you already pre-ordered your copy of ‘How Not To Disappear’, or read your ARC copy? Let us know @maximumpopbooks.
- REVIEWER ROUND UP: ‘Not If I See You First’ is “powerful and thoughtful”
- Book Lust: check out the best Instas of the red hot ‘Blood For Blood’ series
- Author Appreciation: 8 reasons we flippin love Veronica Roth, genius behind ‘Divergent’
- You can read ‘Faceless’ by Alyssa Scheinmel (AKA your new favourite book) right here, right now
- Welcome to ‘The Dark Days Club’ – for fans of Cassandra Clare and Jane Austen
- QUIZ: How well do you know the ‘Divergent’ series? Take our impossible quiz
- 3 reasons to read Catherine Doyle’s ‘Blood For Blood’ series – like you even needed one