The King of Comic Books, Stan Lee, is the creator of so many favourite superhero characters: The Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Spider Man, X-Men, Daredevil and Doctor Strange. Now he’s turning his hand to a brand-new graphic novel series for teenagers.
Parragon acquired the first book in the ‘Zodiac Legacy’ trilogy, ‘The Zodiac Legacy: Convergence’, from Disney Publishing who released the book in the US last year.
The trilogy is based on the Chinese zodiac system and follows Steven, a Chinese-American teenager who along with a few of this friends, Steven gains magical powers and is drawn into a global conspiracy surrounding mystical pools of energy.
Lee said: “It’s a book that I think children would love, but I think a guy 50, 60, 80, 100 years old would love – anybody who likes a great adventure story about things that are bigger and more imaginative than life itself.”
The book is out now and also features text by Stuart Moore and illustrations by Andie Tong.
Will you be adding this to your wishlist? Share your thoughts with us at @maximumpopbooks!
- MP! Reads: brand new YouTube series with authors reading their books
- Guest blogger, Jessica Melor, gives us her top 10 romance reads incl. ‘Everything, Everything’ and ‘One Day’
- 6 reasons we want to be in an Ally Carter novel
- Check out our handy guide to February YA Book Events
- Top YA couples, from guest blogger Renu Shah