We’re big fans of Ally Carter’s books here at MP! and every time we read one of her books all we want is to be in one. Mystery! Adventure! Danger! Romance!
So here are are top six reasons we want to be in an Ally Carter novel:
- We’d get to live in a fictional country, but still set in our world! ‘Embassy Row’, a place where ambassadors from all over the world live together to keep the peace, is set in Adria.
2. Fierce female friendships. Not one of Ally Carter’s heroines get into messes on their own, they’re always backed up by a BFF or two. Always comes in handy when you need help getting out of messes again!
3. There is never a dull moment. Forget about flicking aimlessly through the TV on a Tuesday evening – there’s butt to kick, mysteries to solve, boys to be figured out and lives to save.
4. Badass heroines. Cammie, Kat and Grace don’t have it easy and they’ve been through some sucky situations and come out fighting. We want to be in their badass gang.
5. There is always a swoon-worthy boy on the scene. I mean, come on, Alexei anyone?
6. Delicious angst. We love it shamelessly. Boy angst, friendship angst, family angst, angsty angst – we love it all!
Tell us what you love about Ally Carter’s novels at @maximumpopbooks!
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10
swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Goodman VS. Austen – can you tell the difference between Austen’s ‘Persuasion’ and Goodman’s brand new fantasy historical novel
- We chat to ‘Year of the Rat’ author, Clare Furniss, about her brand new book, ‘How Not To Disappear’ – plus where to get your writing inspo from