‘See How They Run’ is Ally Carter’s explosive follow up to the fabulous ‘All Fall Down’. Leading lady Grace is back, but this time the target is on her back. Life on Embassy Row just got trickier, twistier, and no less dangerous.
It’s got a hefty 4.2/5 on Goodreads, and we can’t get enough of this series at MP! But don’t take our word for it. We’ve scoured the interwebs to bring you honest reviews from eager readers. Today we’re looking to Sophie from Sophie Reads YA and Samantha from A Dream of Books to dish the dirt and give us the goods.
Let’s kick it off by taking a look at our protagonist. Is Grace still winning over the hearts and minds of readers? Sophie said: “I love Grace! Hands down, she is my favourite of Ally’s protagonists…Gracie deserves all the love she gets, and I know that the ending of this book…will just break her up even more! Ally, please, don’t hurt my Gracie!”
Samantha agreed, and said that while “Grace is not the easiest character to get to know and she is dealing with a lot of issues…I find myself liking her more and more.”
Sophie is quick to add that the secondary characters “are just as wonderful”, and with a cast of half a dozen who are significant to Grace and the plot, this is good to hear.
There is one character in particular that both Sophie and Samantha are keen to mention, and that is Alexei. Samantha calls him the “handsome boy next door” and she says “I have my fingers crossed that [Grace] and Alexei might finally pair up because I think they would make a great couple.” Are they OTP material? Potentially! Sophie says she “swooned so much when reading his and Grace’s interactions.” But whether it will be a Happily Ever After for these two is unclear.
What is clear, however, is how hard the ending of this book hits. Sophie “was not expecting what was revealed until about a second before I read it on the page. I think Ally is trying to kill us all, leaving us like that!” (Author 1, Reader 0)
Whereas Samantha called it a “real jaw dropper” and she “can’t believe the curveball that Ally Carter has thrown in…it could change the whole dynamic of the series from here on in.”
Sophie: “I adored this book! I’d definitely recommend this book, this series, this author, to everyone. If you haven’t tried any of Ally’s books before, give them a go, you won’t be disappointed!”
Have you read ‘See How They Run’ yet? Let us know what you thought @maximumpopbooks.
- Which extract will you read: Duchess or Demon Slayer?
- ‘Faceless’ by Alyssa Sheinmel is your new favourite book – and you can read it right now
- QUIZ: Can you tell the real band names from the fake?
- Book Lust: Check out the best Instas of the red hot ‘Blood for Blood’ series
- ‘Never Evers’ is a book with the best friendships and will have you giggling along on every page
- QUIZ: How well do you know the ‘Divergent’ series? Take our impossible quiz!
- Check out Tom Ellen’s fave fictional friendships – incl. JK Rowling’s Fred, George & Lee
- Reviewer Round Up: The Dark Dictator & The Readers Corner have been reading ‘Inferno’ by Catherine Doyle – see what they thought!