The Carnegie medal is awarded each year to the writer of an ‘outstanding book for children’. Tanya Landman won the 2015 award with her book ‘Buffalo Soldier’ and this year’s longlist sees perennial favourites (and rightly so!) Patrick Ness and Terry Pratchett nominated once again.
But the Carnegie is notorious for picking a wide range of books, some well known, other less so, but they are all just so bloody damn good.
This is how the longlist looks, and *spoiler alert* it’s looking hella good.
The shortlist will be announced on March 15th, with the winner then revealed June 20th.
Who’s your pick? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- MP! Reads: brand new YouTube series with authors reading their books
- Guest blogger, Jessica Melor, gives us her top 10 romance reads incl. ‘Everything, Everything’ and ‘One Day’
- 6 reasons we want to be in an Ally Carter novel
- Check out our handy guide to February YA Book Events
- Top YA couples, from guest blogger Renu Shah