We love ‘Waiting for Callback’ here at MP! and ever since we finished reading Elektra’s adventures in acting we’ve been imagining which celebs we’d cast if we were in charge (we wish!). Perdita and Honor Cargill have clearly been doing the same – here’s their dream casting for ‘Wating for Callback’.
We’re not going to give you Elektra or Archie because we absolutely want everyone to draw them for themselves in their heads and not get our pictures in the way but we have had so much fun doing some of our other characters. (We’re saving some for a part 2 on this because it’s too much fun to only do once…)
(Elektra’s best friend – despite a few hiccups. We love Moss). British Actress Haruka Abe is so Moss-y.
(Elektra’s madly extravagant step grandmother) – Carol Channing (you probably won’t know her but look at this clip
This is Eulalie out on a night of partying with her best friend (by fab illustrator Becka Moor)
(Elektra’s drama teacher). Elektra’s got a bit of a crush on him because he looks like Will Smith so here’s a nice pic of Smith (in character as Lens unimpressed by some disastrous improvisation exercise at ACT).
(Girl in Elektra’s class that she really does not get on with.) Talia is annoyingly hot, satisfyingly stupid. This is Gabriella Wilde who is annoyingly hot but may also be annoyingly clever.
Buy ‘Waiting for Callback’ NOW!
Who would you cast? Tell us at @maximumpopbooks
- Fancy a sneak peek at Marianne Levy’s ‘Accidental Superstar’? You’re going to love it!
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10
swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Goodman VS. Austen – can you tell the difference between Austen’s ‘Persuasion’ and Goodman’s brand new fantasy historical novel
- We chat to ‘Year of the Rat’ author, Clare Furniss, about her brand new book, ‘How Not To Disappear’ – plus where to get your writing inspo from
- What is Twitter saying about Eric Lindstrom’s ‘Not If I See You First’?
- 3 reasons we’re totally in love with the new ‘Divergent’ covers
- Looking for something swoon-y to read/watch? Cat Doyle counts down her top 10 romance scenes
- Happiest reads around – pick your next book with Honor and Perdita Cargill, authors of ‘Waiting For Callback’