On Saturday 16th April we were at the biggest UK Shadowhunter event of the year – and it was bloody brilliant. While we were fangirling over Cassandra Clare and falling a little bit in in love with Dominic Sherwood (fine – a lot), our fab photographer, Tom Leishman, managed to capture the whole day. Check out some of the best bits from Saturday:
1. It’s 10AM and we’re here at Leicester Theatre. Fans are already queueing up outside and we’re getting all twitchy too.
2. #rebellife #dowhatiwant
3. Did someone say limited edition sprayed edges editions?! ‘Lady Midnight’ is beautiful inside and out in any form, but no one can fault you for lusting over these. Not even the guy at Waterstones who is increasingly concerned about your mental state.
4. Took a nip outside to check out the line and WOWZA. Cassie fans UNITE.
5. That is the smile of someone who was first in line.
6. Very reasonable request, Leicester Theatre, no worries.
7. OMG. Guys. You had ONE JOB.
8. We’re all about the funny tip jars.
9. Okay, so we circled these bad boys maybe once or twice. But look at them: shiny. Sprayed edges. The pretty. *Grabby hands*
10. Ominous, purple lighting. Beautiful copy of ‘Lady Midnight’ looking all dramatic and – IS THAT A DRINK? ON THE STAGE?
11. 400 fans all finding their seats and waiting for the main lady to arrive. (Can you spot our giveaway tickets winner yet?)
12. ‘Lady Midnight’ is stunning, but we couldn’t forget about the gorgeous covers for Cassie’s other books. It hurts to not take them home.
13. Cosplay #onpoint.
14. The big moment: Cassie’s arrival. We are beyond envious of Anna James for getting to chat to her on stage.
15. When asked who Cassie shipped most out of all her books, Dom Sherwood jumped in: “If you say Malec, I’ll kill you.”
16. Say hello to our fabulous make up team!
17. They may not have steles, but their rune drawing is pretty bad ass.
18. And if you can’t get a make-up artist fast enough, do it yourself. Round of applause to this girl with a steady hand and more art skills than us.
19. Sarah Griffths (UK Shadowhunters) gets her book signed.
20. This lady is a beautiful gem and no one can tell us otherwise.
21. 10 pts to the best caption for this.
22. Luke Franks himself chats to Cassie and gets his book signed.
23. We finally got to meet the winners of our event tickets giveaway! Congrats, guys!
24. And they got all Shadowhunter’d up with Luke. Love the colour, Luke, very Clary.
25. Obligatory cocktails in celebration of an incredible event.
Did you take many snaps from Saturday’s event? Share them with us @maximumpopbooks.
- Quiz: In honour of ‘Off the Page’ by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer, find out which fairy tale movie you are!
- JK Rowling just revealed something magical about ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’ and we kind of can’t believe it
- How to Start a Book Blog: Blog Tours
- Video: Malorie Blackman introduces her new book, ‘Chasing the Stars’!
- Bookstagram has fallen head over heels for Sophia Bennett’s gorgeous ‘Love Song’!