The wonderful people over at MyKindaBook are stepping up their bookish game by announcing the start of the MyKindaBook Club!
“We know that fans and readers like to talk about all things plot, character, world building and more online – but what about offline?”
What about ‘offline’ indeed! So what’s it all about MKB?
“We’ll be doing an event every month, at a bookshop or venue in the UK, with a theme, a featured book (or books) and an author present to talk you through their inspirations and writing, too!”
Well colour us pink and call us flamingos. We’re sold. The first event will be held at Waterstones Brighton on Thursday 11th February and it’s going to attract a flock of excited book lovers. And who is the first featured author, we hear you cry?
The lovely Sara Barnard will be joined by youtuber Lena Norms, “talking all things friendship, #squadgoals, Brighton inspirations and Significant Life Events.”
MKB say “we want this to be one of the most fun book club experiences you’ve ever had” and we can’t see how it couldn’t be.
We’re excited! Are you excited? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- Fancy a sneak peek at Marianne Levy’s ‘Accidental Superstar’? You’re going to love it!
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10
swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Goodman VS. Austen – can you tell the difference between Austen’s ‘Persuasion’ and Goodman’s brand new fantasy historical novel
- We chat to ‘Year of the Rat’ author, Clare Furniss, about her brand new book, ‘How Not To Disappear’ – plus where to get your writing inspo from
- What is Twitter saying about Eric Lindstrom’s ‘Not If I See You First’?
- 3 reasons we’re totally in love with the new ‘Divergent’ covers
- Looking for something swoon-y to read/watch? Cat Doyle counts down her top 10 romance scenes