If you’re anything like us here at MP! you devoured ‘Winter’, the final book in Marissa Meyer’s ‘Lunar Chronicles’ series, more quickly than you should have been able to read an 800-page novel. But now it’s over, we’re a bit bereft at not having Cinder, Iko, Kai and the rest of the gang to spend time with. Never fear: Marissa Meyer is writing two graphic novels set after the events of ‘Winter’!
Macmillan have teamed Marissa up with artist Douglas Holgate and the first graphic novel is set to be released next January. It’s called ‘Wires and Nerve’ and features Iko, Cinder, Cress, Scarlet, Wolf and Winter.
“Writing graphic novels has been on my ultimate writing dream list since I was a teenager,” Meyer tells The Post’s Comic Riffs, “and I’m so thrilled to be able to make the dream a reality, while also expanding on the story of ‘The Lunar Chronicles.’”
“I used to spend hours hunting down English translations online for some of my favorites — or when a translation couldn’t be found, analyzing every detail of the artwork to try to piece the story together in my own imagination,” Meyer tells Washington Post. “To this day, comics and graphic novels are one of my favorite forms of storytelling, and I can’t wait for readers to experience the world of the Lunar Chronicles in such a wonderfully visual format.”
Are you as excited about ‘Wires and Nerve’ as we are? Flail with us @maximumpopbooks!
- Fancy a sneak peek at Marianne Levy’s ‘Accidental Superstar’? You’re going to love it!
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10
swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Goodman VS. Austen – can you tell the difference between Austen’s ‘Persuasion’ and Goodman’s brand new fantasy historical novel
- We chat to ‘Year of the Rat’ author, Clare Furniss, about her brand new book, ‘How Not To Disappear’ – plus where to get your writing inspo from
- What is Twitter saying about Eric Lindstrom’s ‘Not If I See You First’?
- 3 reasons we’re totally in love with the new ‘Divergent’ covers
- Looking for something swoon-y to read/watch? Cat Doyle counts down her top 10 romance scenes
- Happiest reads around – pick your next book with Honor and Perdita Cargill, authors of ‘Waiting For Callback’