Every young girl around the planet looks up to Emma Watson and it’s not hard to see why. In fact, we spend hours every day wishing we had her life. From being cast in the Harry Potter films age nine to her awesome address at the UN Headquarters in New York, here are 11 times we definitely wish we were Emma Watson:
1. When she was cast as Hermione Granger
We’re not jealous, we’re not jealous, we’re not jealous. (We’re so jealous.)
2. Or when she got to interview Malala Yousafzai
— Emma Watson (@EmmaWatson) November 5, 2015
Two seriously awesome, empowering ladies in one room?! We can’t handle the #girlpower from these two – they’re so cool.
3. When she somehow managed to film a bunch of movies AND graduate from university at the same time
— Emma Watson (@EmmaWatson) May 25, 2014
We could just about manage to balance our school lives with our social lives, never mind living the A-lister life on top of that!
4. When she gave an incredible, empowering address at the UN Headquarters to launch her #HeForShe campaign
5. And when she crashed the site when she was announced as a UN Goodwill Ambassador because she’s so crazy awesome
The exciting announcement of @EmWatson's appointment as our Goodwill Ambassador crashed our website! We apologize &hope to be back up soon.
— UN Women (@UN_Women) July 8, 2014
6. When she met JLaw at Paris fashion week and they both blew us away
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson at the Christian Dior show as part of Paris Fashion Week (July 7) pic.twitter.com/R087gNTQWO
— Jennifer Lawrence (@JLdaily) July 7, 2014
7. When she walked down into Hogwarts’ Entrance Hall looking like all our #promgoals combined
Seriously, we all wept at her beauty.
8. Or when she wore this 100% sustainable (yet still gorgeous!) dress to the 2016 Met Gala
Beauty AND sustainability? Sign us up!
9. When her #HeForShe campaign gained the support of heartthrob Harry Styles
— Harry Styles. (@Harry_Styles) September 25, 2014
10. And the ever-talented Tom Hiddleston…
— Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston) September 24, 2014
11. And pretty much every other awesome celeb, who all wanted to do their part for gender equality
— Douglas Booth (@DouglasBooth) September 20, 2014
— ELLEUK (@ELLEUK) September 26, 2014
— Logan Lerman (@LoganLerman) September 23, 2014
We love them all.
Emma Watson is one awesome lady, and we wish we could be her. Do you share our burning desire to walk a day in her life? Let us know @maximumpop!
- ‘Tis the season to wear rainbows! Here’s our beginner’s guide to your first pride
- How will leaving the EU affect your fave pop stars, from Zayn to Ellie
- Is it actually a good thing to do something that scares you everyday?
- 7 really cool things you missed if you weren’t at yesterday’s #LondonPride
- MP! General Election: which pop star would you like to become the next British Prime Minister?