As you may be aware, we’ve been asking our new favourite popstars to answer the same six questions. The difference with today’s star is that you’ll probably already know her because she has starred in one of the country’s biggest soaps.
Let’s see what the former Porsche McQueen has got to say for herself then shall we…
1. Tell us why we should listen to you in 140 characters or less…
Anyone who enjoys country/pop might enjoy my music… ‘Cool’ is my first single and it is very country pop! I’m very proud of it! It has a melodic sense of country and lyrically it tells a story but the production offers that sense of pop.
2. If you had to compare the sound of your music to a crisp flavour, which would you pick and how do they relate?
It would definitely be cheese and onion. I feel like my music is not traditionally country music it has an edge of pop making it more appealing to the general public… like how cheese and onion has a couple of different flavours going on… making it a firm favourite.
3. What was the first single you ever bought and has it inspired the music you release today?
The first single I think was ‘You’re Still the One’ by Shania Twain, I was about 10 or so… It wasn’t the first record I ever bought, I think that was one of the NOW hits. I would definitely say she has had an impact on my musical progression. Her songs were so catchy, lyrically were beautiful and very clever. ‘You’re Still the One’, nearly 20 years later, is still so popular. To have the ability to write a song that captivates an audience from generation to generation is amazing! She was all about girl power as well, quite inventive with her all in one leopard catsuits. Definitely made people remember her, I wouldn’t mind being like her or having her Grammy success!
4. Picture the scene… You have found a time machine and been sent back to the year 1996. You have been selected to become the sixth member of a band known as the Spice Girls. What would your nickname be?
I think I would be called Cheeky Spice! My friends say I’m a professional blagger because I’m never afraid to ask for things. If you don’t ask you don’t get right?! Whether it’s trying to get in to a club, bartering on holiday, asking if they can do something different on the menu… I’m a bit cheeky.
5. If you were given a pet cat and told you had to name it after an existing popstar, what would you name it?
My cat would be called Twoel I can’t decide between Shania Twain and Billy Joel. I love them equally in different ways.
6. Can you tell us that you love us?
Listen to Twinnie’s single ‘Cool’ below: