You might have seen that we’ve been asking our new favourite popstars six questions to get to know them just a little bit better. And today we’ve had a natter with a brand new girlband.
Yep, that’s right. A BRAND. NEW. GIRLBAND. Meet The Northernettes!
1. Tell us why we should listen to you in 140 characters or less…
Georgia: We are fun, we’re fresh, we’re lively and all love music.
Katie: We really love what we do, we believe in who we are as a band.
Sophie: We all have completely different tastes in music, we’re unique and individual and we’re not naff, we’re actually good.
2. If you had to compare the sound of your music to a crisp flavour, which would you pick and how do they relate?
Georgia: Pickled onion cause we’re a bit pickled, we’re not everyone’s first choice, but when you eat them you always want more.
Katie: Pickled onion Monster Munch cause the packaging is really fun and so are we and they’re my fave crisps in the world.
Sophie: Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations.
3. What was the first single you ever bought and has it inspired the music you release today?
Georgia: My first vinyl was Ray Charles – ‘Hit The Road Jack’. It’s definitely an influence on our style – fast paced and groovy tunes I can dance to.
Katie: My Grandad gave me Sam Cooke’s Greatest Hits when I was 11. I loved it instantly. He didn’t think I’d love it but when he played it I fell in love straight away.
Sophie: It was Velvet Underground.
4. Picture the scene… You have found a time machine and been sent back to the year 1996. You have been selected to become the sixth member of a band known as the Spice Girls. What would your nickname be?
Georgia: Chatter Spice cause all I do is talk.
Katie: Daydream Spice, cause I go off in my head.
Sophie: I don’t know, maybe Moody Spice.
5. If you were given a pet cat and told you had to name it after an existing popstar, what would you name it?
Katie: I’d probably name it Vernon after Justin Vernon, 100% I’d call my cat Vernon, or my child…
Sophie: I’d copy my Aunt and call mine Meowie after David Bowie.
Georgia: Brian Wilson, I used to have a hamster called Brian Wilson.
6. Can you tell us that you love us?
And if that didn’t make you love them then this definitely will. The Northernettes’ debut single ‘Let’s Go’ is available to buy right now.