It has been announced on Pottermore that J K Rowling will publish a host of fabulous things this year and into the next, including a script book for ‘Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’. And we want it all. We want it all now.
The Special Rehearsal Edition will be released in print and digital to coincide with the preview of the play in London. This will later be replaced by a Definitive Collector’s Edition.
Pottermore says that ‘The Cursed Child’ takes place right after the epilogue in ‘The Deathly Hallows’ “and is staged in two parts, due to the ‘epic nature of the story’.”
The play is “officially the eighth story in Harry Potter canon”.
But that’s not all. Hold on to your sorting hats, friends, because it is also confirmed that 2017 “will see the publication of four special editions of the first book in the UK, one for each of the four Hogwarts houses.”
Hold up, there’s more. And we know you’re still hungry for it.
2017 will also have the publication of a new edition of ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ including new content as well as the other Hogwarts Library books.
So fire up your countdown clocks and get excited. These books are coming. Soon!
Are you as stoked as we are? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- We put our questions to Frances Hardinge fresh after she won the Costa Award for her book ‘The Lie Tree’.
- 3 reasons we’re totally in love with the new ‘Divergent’ covers
- Looking for something swoon-y to read/watch? Cat Doyle counts down her top 10 romance scenes
- NEWS: Pottermore unveils ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them’ featurette
- MP! Review: ‘The Dark Days Club’ is a highly entertaining story of murder and magic