JK Rowling didn’t just give us one incredible female role model in the ‘Harry Potter’ series, she gave us an army of them.
Here are some are of the moments the HP girls had us cheering for them/wanting to be them.
1. Luna’s Patronus is a bunny. ‘Nuff said.
2. Hermione has her priorities straight.
3. Ginny when Harry turned up at the Burrow is us every time we see our crush unexpectedly.
4. Professor McGonagall will defend her students against everyone and everything.
5. We felt like proud mamas when Hermione rocked the Yule Ball.
6. Luna sings to her own tune and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks!
7. Molly never hesitated to make Harry a part of her family.
9. We could pretty much base our Hermione love on this expression alone.
10. Ginny is super brave and someone you defintiely want on your team, even if she’s underestimated for being the youngest Weasley.
11. Molly survived bringing up Fred and George – that alone deserves a medal.
12. Watching Hermione fall for Ron was our first proper OTP.
13. Even teachers like to use the cool spells sometimes.
14. If you’re nice to Dobby, we’ll be friends for life.
15. No words needed.
16. Ginny’s always watching out for Harry, even when he doesn’t think he needs it.
17. Molly Weasley is just plain badass.
Send us your favourite moments from the Harry Potter girls at @maximumpopbooks!
- Book Trailer: look at the gorgeous trailer for ‘How Not to Disappear’ by Clare Furniss!
- Watch: Want to be a successful author? Amy Alward, author of #ZoellaBookClub pick ‘The Potion Diaries’, reveals her top writing tips!
- “Hilariously British”, Nat Luurtsema’s ‘Girl Out of Water’ will have you cry-laughing in no time!
- You do not want to miss what Illumicrate are putting in the August box!
- What’s on ‘Paper Butterflies’ author Lisa Heathfield’s TBR? Plus her fave line from the book!
- We can tell you exactly what your “pop star” name should be. You’re welcome.
- UNBOXING: The YA Chronicles box is celebrating #PrideMonth in their June box!
- COVER REVEAL: Want to see the gorgeous cover of the ‘I’ll Be Home for Christmas’ anthology? Of course you do!