This is getting out of control. Taylor Swift and Kanye West are still beefing and we’re getting tired of it.
In a recent interview with GQ, Kim Kardashian spoke once again about Kanye name checking Taylor on his album, ‘The Life Of Pablo’. On the song ‘Famous’ (which also features Rihanna) Kanye says:
I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex, why? I made that bitch famous.
The story goes that Kanye called Taylor before releasing the album and that she found the whole thing funny. But when the song was released, she claims she never heard the song and she was deeply offended. Of course, this “beef” stems all the way back to 2009 when Taylor won the MTV VMA for ‘Best Female Video’ with Kanye jumping on stage claiming that Beyoncé had “one of the best music videos of all time.”
In her interview for GQ, Kim said that Taylor “totally approved that,” and that she “totally knew that that was coming out. She wanted to all of a sudden act like she didn’t. I swear, my husband gets so much shit for things [when] he really was doing proper protocol and even called to get it approved.”
When GQ published the article, Taylor’s camp released a lengthy statement claiming she and Kanye “only spoke once on the phone while she was on vacation with her family in January of 2016 and they have never spoken since,” and that she wasn’t told he would be using the term “bitch”, only hearing it when the album was released.
We don’t know who is right and who is wrong but what we DO know is it’s getting totally out of hand and they both need to get over it. So we’ve come up with seven way Taylor and Kanye can move forward and become the best of friends, once again.
1) Go for tea: Because tea cures everything. We could all do with a good cup of tea.
2) Arm wrestle: Best out of three, the loser has to admit they were lying to us all.
3) Take a road trip and film it for a reality show on E!: Can you imagine Taylor and Kanye trapped in a car for hours?
4) Have a dance battle: Let’s face it, they’re both pretty bad dancers. But it could make entertaining TV…
5) Have a sing/rap battle: Taylor can definitely bring it in a rap battle.
6) APOLOGISE: Is it too late now to say sorry? NO, GUYS. IT’S NOT. Let’s be grown ups and all say sorry.
7) Finally take up Taylor’s offer for brunch: Because it looks like she really, really likes brunch.
Whatever you guys decide, do it quickly. This is ridiculous.
How would you like to see Kanye and Taylor end their feud? Send us your suggestions @maximumpop