We’ve only gone and grabbed another up and coming popstar that we’re all heart eyes emoji over and asked them six questions that you might be a bit familiar with.
Today’s lucky popstar to get a grilling from us is Sofi de la Torre and we just know you’re going to fall in love with her.
1. Tell us why we should listen to you in 140 characters or less…
Because who doesn’t wanna be that hipster friend who knew about pop done right before it blew up?
2. If you had to compare the sound of your music to a crisp flavour, which would you pick and how do they relate?
Quavers… and NOT because it’s cheesy! I just love Quavers really.
3. What was the first single you ever bought and has it inspired the music you release today?
It was probably something by the Spice Girls or the Backstreet Boys…I think everyone who does pop music is inspired by 90s pop in one way or another. I still feel on top of the world when I hear some 90s smashers on Spotify. Golden era for sure.
4. Picture the scene…You have found a time machine and been sent back to the year 1996. You have been selected to become the member of a band known as the Spice Girls. What would your nickname be?
Spicy Spice. Redundant but catchy.
5. If you were given a pet cat and told you had to name it after an existing popstar, what would you name it?
I’d wanna give it a really Royal sounding name…I don’t know why cats seem to me like they’re so above it all that they deserve some sort of important name. So definitely something with ‘sir’ before it. Who’s a Sir? Elton John? Hahaha. That’s a good one. Sir Elton.
6. Can you tell us that you love us?
Catch Sofi de la Torre at her first FREE London showcase at The Old Blue Last this Monday! More information here.