“The music business is an extremely tough nut to crack, but MP! provides you with a fantastic platform to improve your writing technique, tone and accuracy, all while earning invaluable experience which is essential if you want to make a career out of writing.” David, Music Writer
Submit your article to our website
Maximum Pop! is one of the web’s biggest pop culture websites for 13-19 year old people like you.
Whether it’s pop music, style, film, books or YouTubers, we’re making addictive and shareable articles like quizzes, listicles, memes, news round ups, bookish City Guides, and silly videos.
That’s one reason why people that have written for us have gone on to work with Capital FM, Digital Spy and The Guardian, or with us, as full time employees.
More than 400,000 people read out stories every single month, including the over 100,000 people that follow us on Twitter, and the 20,000 people that like us on Facebook. Want to share your words? Here’s what you need to know.
What’s in it for you
- Create something, share something, get real-world work experience that will help your CV shine bright like a diamond.
- Work with a Channel Manager to fix and refine your work. From basics like spelling, grammar, structure and tone, to choosing the best angle for your story and its title, driving more people to read it.
- Get a shout out for your blog, Twitter, Facebook or personal project included in the footer of your article, helping new people discover what you’re all about.
- Get real-world experience working with one of the UK’s quickest growing independent media companies. And even have the chance to become a permanent team member. In fact, every single writer for Maximum Pop! started with guest posts.
“I love writing for the Maximum Pop Style Channel as it allows me to combine together my passion for fashion and writing, all while gaining real world experience in the media industry. Getting feedback from managers and working within such a talented team has helped me to develop my voice and I enjoy continuing to learn more each day.” Nina, Fashion Writer
What we’re looking for
- Books: Contribute a bookish City Guide for your city. See an example of a City Guide here. You can create one for an area you live in or love.
- Style: Submit an I Tried post. See an example of an I Tried post here. Share your real-world experience of a trending beauty of style hack. Life safer or total bust? You tell us (and 100,000s of visitors).
- Quizzes: We want your pop culture quizzes. We’ll work with you to refine the angle, help you source the best images and GIFs, and support you in creating it on our quiz platform.
- Life: Share what you know, now. Create a life guide and help people with your wisdom. From school worries to first smooches, you’ll make it simple, clear and as pain-free as possible.
“I started on MP! 2 years ago as a junior pop writer. Now, I’m editor of the Book Channel, managing a wonderful team of 4, who all share my love of YA, and working alongside publishers to promote books by authors like Cassandra Clare, Victoria Aveyard and Patrick Ness. Working in PJs from home is a bonus, too.” Laura, Book Channel Manager
Okay, let’s get going
- Email your idea for a Bookish City Guide to [email protected]. Estimated time 1 1/2 hours
- Email your I Tried idea for review to [email protected]. This should detail the hack you want to put to the test and your estimated time frame for delivery. Estimated time 2 – 3 hours.
- Email your Life Guide idea for review to [email protected]ximumpop.co.uk. This should detail the article headline, your first paragraph, and your estimated time frame for delivery. Estimated time 1 hour.
- Email your quiz idea for review to [email protected].