If you’re after a read that will have you tearing up quicker than One Direction’s hiatus did, then boy do we have a book for you. Seriously guys, this story is powerful – so powerful that it might just be our favourite read of the year.
By now, you guys have probably heard about ‘After The Fire’ by Will Hill. We’ve been fangirling about it a lot recently and if you haven’t checked it out yet, you need to do so ASAP.
The story follows one of the most compelling YA characters ever, Moonbeam. She’s grown up in a fenced off community that’s run by a corrupted leader called Father John and has had a chilling childhood.
Intrigued yet? You should be. ‘After The Fire’ is as gripping as it sounds. It’s based on a real-life cult and there are plenty of moments in the book where you’ll be thrown on an emotional roller-coaster.
So buckle up because we’re going to let you have a sneak peek of them. Below are just a few of the most emotional quotes from ‘After The Fire’. If you stick around long enough, you can also win a signed copy of ‘After The Fire’, HUGE bundle of books and a National Rail Young Person’s Railcard!
1. Told you that you’d be crying
2. Moonbeam’s story is heartbreaking
3. It’s such a sad read…
4. But one that’s totally worth it
5. We’re actually sobbing
6. Yep… still crying
7. ‘After The Fire’ is going to be your fave summer release
8. You need to tell your Mum, Dad, little sister and next door neighbour’s dog about it
9. Ugh, Will has written it so beautifully
10. We actually can’t deal
It’s competition week here at Maximum Pop! and we’re giving a whole bundle of goodies away every single that! That’s right… every. single. day. To celebrate the release of Will’s fantastic book, you can win this massive bookish bundle. The bundle includes heaps of awesome prizes including:
- A SIGNED copy of ‘After The Fire’ by Will Hill
- ‘Am I Normal Yet?’ by Holly Bourne
- ‘Broken Sky’ by L.A. Weatherly
- ‘Cruel Heart Broken’ by Emma Haughton
- ‘What I Couldn’t Tell You’ by Faye Bird
- ‘Where The World Ends’ by Geraldine McCaughrean
- ‘The Art Of Not Breathing’ by Sarah Alexander
- ‘More Of Me’ by Kathryn Evans
- ‘The Dolls’ by Kiki Sullivan
- ‘Deep Water’ by Lu Hersey
- ‘Anna and The French Kiss’ by Stephanie Perkins
- ‘If I Was Your Girl’ by Meredith Russo
- ‘The Last Summer Of Us’ by Maggie Harcourt
- ‘Unconventional’ by Maggie Harcourt
- National Rail Young Person’s 16-25 Railcard
Like the sound of all of that? Well it couldn’t be easier to enter this amazing competition.
To enter all you need to do is fill in the form below…
The competition closes on Monday 3rd July. Unfortunately it’s UK only. Good luck!
This competition is now closed…
Congratulations to our winner!
- Charlotte D
You can find out more about ‘After The Fire’ by Will Hill by clicking here.