During Zayn’s first year as a solo artist following his split from One Direction, we’ve seen a huge change in his personal appearance. Lots of new hairstyles and colors, a beard, fresh ink (some temporary), and of course, a whole different wardrobe. Of course, we’ll always be fond of the personal style he found within 1D…
…but it’s been exciting to see him come into his own without the boyband’s restrictions.
Speaking exclusively to Billboard, Zayn’s new stylist since going solo Jason Rembert tells us more about what it’s been like stylist #zolozayn. Here’s what we learned:
- Zayn’s really into art, and Jason uses that to inspire his wardrobe
- Zayn loves “anything vintage, particularly vintage jewelry and leather jackets”
- Jason’s used Foundwell to find Zayn vintage Cartier and Rolex pieces
- The jacket Zayn wore for the Mind of Mine album release party was by Faith Connexion, and he loved it so much that he didn’t change out of it for the after party
- Zayn likes to wear Versace best
- Jason enjoyed styling the ‘iT’s YoU’ video because he “really got to show Zayn’s range style-wise”
- Describing Zayn’s personal style, Jason says, “He doesn’t want to be too high fashion, but wants to be masculine and clean”
- Valentino, Dior, Louis Vuitton and Versace are their go-to designers
- Zayn never wears blue jeans, only black and grey
You can read the entire interview here.