The vlogging community can be fantastic, in the sense that it creates a safe community online where you can speak to others who share the same interests as you and even make life long friends though your love of online culture.
Zoe and Alfie have hit the news recently after ‘complaining’ (wouldn’t we all?!) that fans have been ringing their doorbell and in some cases, even peering over their walls to see the pair!
Really starting to lose my patience with people just turning up at our house & peering in or ringing our bell makes me hate my house!
— Zoë (@ZozeeBo) December 28, 2015
Meeting your favourite vloggers and celebs can be an amazing experience, but please don’t put your safety or other people’s privacy at risk. We’ve come up with 5 tips to meeting your sunshines which are 100% legal (always a bonus) and could leave you with that all important selfie and a natter.
- Turn on notifications for their social media accounts.
- Make sure you have some money saved incase they do a book tour or YouTube conference.
- Keep a note of all your families email accounts so if there’s a competition you can enter with multiple addresses.
- Wait outside a gig venue, if you’re calm and don’t push 90% of the time people will stop for you. A great place to meet people is outside BBC R1 and it’s even undercover if it rains.
- Be safe & have fun. Tell your parents and friends where you’re going and always make sure there’s enough charge on your phone to call someone.
Got anymore tips? Send them over to @maximumpop so we can see.