Fancy yourself a YA fan – that is, an avid reader of Young Adult fiction, such as ‘The Fault in Our Stars’, ‘Fangirl’ and ‘Divergent? If so, then you might already know about the hottest YA event hitting London this summer from the 17 to 19th July, at the London Film and Comic Con at the Olympia.
If not, here’s a quick run through of your need-to-know details, so you can book your tickets ASAP and meet your fave YA author.
1. It’s the first Young Adult literary festival in the UK, and aims to celebrate all things YA – ’cause let’s face it, YA got a bad rep for being immature and trivial up until a few years ago. So, this is your chance to go meet a bunch of like-minded people, and let out your YA-crazy side.
2. Over 60 YA authors are set to appear this year, including Carrie Hope Fletcher, Judy Blume, and Cassandra Clare.
Yeah, we needed a moment to calm down too.
3. There are LOADS of cool panel events going on all weekend, so you can listen to your fave YA authors answer questions and hear exactly what they have to say on things, like the ongoing appeal of dystopian novels, the amount of sexy goings on in YA lit, and how to get published.
4. On top of panel events, there are workshops too.
Want tips on writing a killer YA novel? It’s there.
Need help with blogging? Got that too.
Graphic novel advice? Here for you.
You get the picture.
5. Book signings. Book signings are indeed happening. You are actually able to take your prized copy of your favourite book in the entire world, hand it to the genius who created it, and have them autograph it. Yes – this is what dreams are made of, folks.
Really, you just need to get your YA-loving self to this kick-ass event.
— YALC (@yalc_uk) April 29, 2015
More bookish articles?