YALC is fast approaching and we’re getting ridiculously excited. And even more exciting, we’ve got a little preview of easily one of the coolest panels happening over the weekend – My Teen Diary – where a bunch of author are going to read from their actual, real teenage diaries. It’s gonna be excellent.
So have a sneak peek in the teen lives of some of your faves!
“[Name redacted 1] found out that [name redacted 2] cheated on her eight times!! She is understandably pissed off and THERE SHALL BE SCORNING. (You go girl.)
Also, she was with [name redacted 3] AGAIN. (If his sister found out there would be trouble- I think that whole situation is a little silly. She doesn’t even particularly like the guy…is that worth risking a best friendship for?)
I think not!”
“Thurs 11th Dec 1997:
Panto dress rehearsal today. Matt showed me his toes. They’re seriously weird. Is this an indication of anything? Probably not. I saw him in his undergarments. Blue and white boxer shorts. A few weeks ago I’d have been really excited by this.”
“However hard people say being a successful actor is, to me it seems easier than getting someone to fall in love with me. Is that awful, to think that being famous will make up for being a virgin spinster?”
The My Teen Diary session is taking place at 5pm on the Friday of YALC – see you there!
Share embarrassing bits from your teen diaries with us at @maximumpopbooks!
- Bookstagrammer madamereadsalot tells you how to get 75k followers with just a few furry friends!
- What the frack were people reading in 2003? How you will not believe how old some of your fave books are!
- With #YALC around the corner and 84 authors attending, how many can you boast to have read?
- Is your life a YA contemp novel? Diagnose yourself with our 11 deadly symptoms
- Which upcoming YA release should you read based on your starter Pokémon?