All week we’ve been sharing awesome sneak peeks of what to expect from YALC 2016 and today we’re giving you more! Harper Collins and Curious Fox have some totally cool things in store for you, so don’t miss out!
If you haven’t heard of Caighlan Smith yet where have you been?! Her debut novel ‘Children of Icarus‘ came out this month and we think you’ll love it! It’s a dystopian adventure novel which draws inspo from the myth of Icarus – that’s right, Greek mythology and heart-gripping thrills all rolled into one!
Also, did we mention Caighlan is from Canada? And only 19?!
It’s kind of hard to believe that someone so talented can be so young. Caighlan is out in the world, overseas, meeting and greeting fans whilst we’re…. sat at home in our pyjamas. Wow. Please can we just BE her – she’s so totally cool, you absolutely have to say hello if you see her this weekend. She’ll be meeting fans informally and promoting her new book from Curious Fox.
And, drum roll please…. Harper Collins have a super secret special announcement to make regarding Derek Landy, and it’s going to be live at 9am on Friday the 29th – just in time for YALC!
We can’t wait. It’s going to be awesome. Here at MP! we can’t get enough of the ‘Demon Road’ series and Derek himself, so we’re super pumped to find out what the big reveal could be.
What are you most excited for at YALC this year? Let us know @maximumpopbooks
- Grab yourself an exclusive proof every day at YALC with Hachette – and if that’s not enough, have a makeover too!
- It’s time to open up! Why Radio 1’s Gemma Cairney’s new book needs to hit your wishlist immediately!
- What’s a fangirl actually made of? How about a boy band member? Find out right here, right now
- The end is nigh for ‘The Vampire Diaries’, but if you’re bored waiting for season 8 already, we’ve got you
- Did you think you had the YALC schedule down? You were wrong. Don’t miss these special appearances!