In just over 4 months, bookworms from across the UK (and even further) will be drawn to the London Olympia for one of the biggest events of the bookish calendar: YALC. Amongst the many questions we’ve wanted to ask about the event, one has monopolised our mind from the beginning: who is going to be there?
With last year’s event showcasing 70 amazing YA authors, including Cassandra Clare and Patrick Ness, we thought it might be impossible to top. And yet, we dare say that the talented YALC organisers may have just done it.
Check out the full list below, with added comments from a few of our favourites about what they’re most looking forward to this year:
Alwyn Hamilton – I’m really looking forwards to seeing all the cosplay, hopefully meeting other people in person I have only met on Twitter thus far and to seeing what the Faber stand gets up to. I know I’m biased on last one but I thought the sand bucket thing they did for ‘Rebel’ last year was a lot of fun and I’m pretty sure they’re cooking up a game for another YA book this year so should be fun!
Nina LaCour – I’m excited about visiting the UK for the first time ever!
Mel Salisbury – This year I am most looking forward to meeting a whole bunch of readers, old attendees and new! Last year I had so much fun meeting book fans and hanging out. MORE PLEASE.
Lisa Williamson – I’m looking forward to cosplaying on the Saturday (costume tbc!), stalking my favourite authors and buying FAR too many books.
Are you as BEYOND EXCITED as we are? Which author are you most looking forward to seeing (and totally fangirl-ing over)? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks.
And if you want to know more of the mysterious line up, here are a few more authors who just might be going too.
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website
- 25 signs you might be living in a YA dystopian novel
- Harry Potter House Pride creates community and pure fandom joy!
- #bookconfession – we’ve read them all, and we shall pass judgement
- QUIZ: Which Shadowhunter rune do you need?
- QUIZ: Who’s your YA bad boy crush?