So the #YAtakeover is coming and it’s coming this Friday the 8th of January and then staying for Saturday the 9th as well. Amazing authors from literally all your favourite books will be gathering on twitter for over 24 hours to discuss all things reading and all things Young Adult. It’s time to exercise your thumbs, guys, you will need to tweet like you have never tweeted before!
Throughout the day (and throughout the night for you insomniatic or, simply, not-based-in-the-UK readers) there will be a whole host of panels discussing topics as varied as sexual identity, the art of the dystopia, and the ‘shouldn’t, wouldn’t, couldn’t’ taboos of literature.
There is a fantastic line up of authors set to take part from Geek Girl’s Holly Smale to Fallen’s Lauren Kate. From the newly crowned winner of the Costa Children’s Book Award, Frances Hardinge to stalwart king of horror, Darren Shan. There’s something for everyone here and we don’t know how we’re going to sleep – we’ll want to stay up and take part in them all.
If you follow @maximumpopbooks on twitter you will also be able to see us personally host a panel. We will be discussing ‘Supernatural Seduction’ with authors CJ Daugherty, Anna McKerrow, and Lu Hersey at 9am on Saturday the 9th.
For a full schedule of who will be appearing in what panels check out the YAfictionados blog.
Do join us on twitter this Friday and Saturday, make sure you follow the hashtag #YAtakeover and join in the great YA chat.
- Check out the sleek new cover designs for Veronica Roth’s ‘Divergent’ series.
- What books did we read in December and now want to scream about from the rooftops?
- MP!er Tayler stayed up way too late reading because she needed to see how ‘My Life Next Door’ developed.
- Check out the teaser trailer for the new, life-action, Roald Dahl, BFG film.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here
- Interview with author of ‘Splintered’ series, AG Howard: what you can expect from ‘Untamed’