Music festivals may have all but dried up in the summertime, but us bookish folk party hard right through the autumn. 2 weeks from now, on Wednesday 28th October, 2015, YA Shot will be taking place in the centre of Uxbridge. This one day event is said to be summed up in 5 words – “generous, passionate, inclusive, challenging and fun” – but we think they forgot to add ‘SUPERAMAZINGAWESOME’ to that list.
Here are 4 reasons you better be there.
It’s going to be INCREDIBLE
Don’t kid yourselves – you know that there is little else on this sweet earth quite as beautiful as an entire event dedicated to books and their authors. YA Shot boasts a total of 71 YA and Middle Grade authors, including Holly Bourne, CJ Skuse, Lucy Ivison and Tom Ellen, James Dawson and SO MANY MORE – all of whom will be signing your books.
Plus, there are around 30 workshops and seminars to go to, including Getting Started With Vlogging with Benjaminoftomes, Women Re-writing Worlds with CJ Daughtery, and Creating Fantasy Worlds with Taran Matharu.
You’ll be supporting an amazing book event
The only way to make sure something as wonderful as a book event continues year after year, is to support it. Tickets are £20 and there are only 400 of them, making YA Shot an amazing day out. Plus, all the proceeds go to YA Shot’s Year-Long Legacy programme (see below) and no one involved will be paid for their time. Which, we think, is pretty incredible.
If YA Shot sells out this year they’ll become a registered charity
On top of that, if they sell out, they can become a registered charity. YA Shot’s year-long legacy programme will donate 35 free events to local libraries, who can then invite in disadvantaged schools to inspire reading and writing for pleasure, and aspirations to careers in the Arts.
If they become a registered charity, though, the year-long legacy programme will move to a different Borough, city or area of the country every year, making sure YA Shot benefits the whole of the UKYA community, not just the bit centred on London.
You can go FOR FREE
We’re giving away 2 pairs of tickets to go to YA Shot for free. All you need to do is RT the tweet below and follow @maximumpopbooks.
— Maximum Pop! Books (@maximumpopbooks) October 14, 2015
More bookish articles?
- WIN! 1 of 5 SIGNED sets of Natasha Farrant’s gorgeous ‘The Diaries of Bluebell Gadsby’
- We couldn’t be more excited for the new Harry Potter colouring book
- We couldn’t wait for a Worldwalker movie, so we cast it ourselves – with Dylan O’Brien, Bella Thorne & MORE
- Whisper Challenge with Patrick Ness – can he guess the lines to ‘The Rest Of Us Just Live Here’?
- Why you need to read ‘Monster’ if you love ‘Scream Queens’
- Twitter Highlights: ‘Daughters Unto Devils’ is “one of the best of the year”
- Worldwalker series top 10 quotes: “Witches don’t die quietly”
- Read chapter 1 of Glass Sword right here, right now