Last week, we asked you lovely lot to have a peek at the all of the gorgeous covers for March’s YA releases and vote for your favourites. And now we have the winners.
The results have been jumping around, back and forward, for days – we had no idea who would come out on top, but we’re pretty pleased with the winners. So, without further ado:
‘Crush’ tells the story of Anna, who after her mum’s sudden departure, is left in charge of babysitting her little brother and doing more than her fair share of chores. So she jumps at the chance to become wrapped up in Will. He’s gorgeous and charming, but he’s also a bit unpredictable. He wants her to be his and no one else’s – he wants perfection.
Eve Ainsworth deftly explores first love turning into something toxic and sinister with her trademark sympathy and emotion, sharing the story from both sides. This is a must read.
We re-join the Shadowhunter world 5 years after the Dark War of ‘City of Heavenly Fire’ changed everything: the Cold Peace sets Shadowhunters against the fey and prohibits any interaction between the two races. But when Julian Blackthorn and Emma Carstairs are given the opportunity to have Julian’s brother back home, they dive into the mystery that is leaving both fey and humans alike dead all over LA, and featuring the same marks found on Emma’s murdered parents during the War.
Cassandra Clare delivers another epic Shadowhunter adventure full of torturous forbidden love, nail-biting danger and another cast of characters you can’t help but love. The Shadowhunters are back.
Lorelai is the crown princess of the Ravenspire throne, and she’s been in hiding from Irina, the wicked queen who stole it, and her father’s life, from her for several years. But now she’s ready to fight. She’ll have to be more dangerous, more powerful than Irina, and with the help of Irina’s huntsman who was sent to track Lorelai down, she just might do it.
This retelling of ‘Snow White’ is pure magic! Sorceresses, wicked queens, shape-shifting dragons and dark magic – what more could you want?!
Did your favourite win? Let us know @maximumpopbooks!
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website
- 25 signs you might be living in a YA dystopian novel
- Harry Potter House Pride creates community and pure fandom joy!
- #bookconfession – we’ve read them all, and we shall pass judgement
- QUIZ: Which Shadowhunter rune do you need?
- QUIZ: Who’s your YA bad boy crush?