Thinking of writing a novel, but not sure where to start? We take you through the process step by step. You’ll have 60, 000 shiny words in no time.
Let’s get writing.
- An Introduction
– what’s YA?
- What’s your genre?
– knowing your genre will help you pick agents and publishers to submit to.
- Tropes and Cliches
– what to avoid, what the difference is and what works.
- Are you a planner or a panster?
– take the quiz and find out!
- Apps and Tools
– writing may be a lonely game, but that doesn’t mean you don’t need a helping hand.
- Who are your characters?
– you can’t rest a novel on characters you don’t know. Make them sing.
- Edit and Polish
– some writers love it and others hate it. It’s time to find out which side you fall on.
- Above and Beyond
– do you need an MA in Creative Writing to be an author?
- Essential reading for YA writers
– you can’t write well if you don’t read well.
- Prepping for publication
– last chance saloon to get your manuscript in tip top condition.