We got up at the crack of dawn this morning to have breakfast with the World Book Day gang as they reveal the wonderful things they have planned for their 20th birthday plans next year.
It was quite a morning.
‘The Biggest Book Show on Earth’ will be bigger and better than ever. Hitting 5 cities – London, Cardiff, Dublin, Glasgow and Coventry – this is going to be a tour you do NOT want to miss.
Not only are legendary authors and illustrators involved with the 20th celebrations, your fave YouTubers are too! We don’t have any news on who just yet, but trust us, we won’t be about to stop squealing about it once we know.
The official illustrator for World Book Day 2017 is Liz Pichon. She’s the author and illustrator of the brilliantly funny ‘Tom Gates’ series, and if those and the snazzy 2017 logo are anything to go by, it’s going to be a good year.
And the super exciting titles for 2017 are:
- ‘Peppa Loves World Book Day’
- Everyone Loves Underpants’ by Claire Freedman & Ben Cort
- ‘Where’s Wally? The Fantastic Journey’ by Martin Handford
- ‘Princess Mirror-Bell and Snow White’ by Julia Donaldson & Lydia Monks
- ‘Horrid Henry: Funny Fact Files’ by Francesca Simon
- ‘Good Old Timmy and Other Stories’ by Enid Blyton
- untitled by David Walliams
- ‘Butterfly Beach’ by Jacqueline Wilson
- ‘Island’ by David Almond
- ‘Dead of Night: A Front Lines Story’ by Michael Grant
World Book Day falls on 2nd March 2017 and we’re already excited! It’s going to be a long wait…
Which title are you most excited for? Tweet us at @maximumpopbook and let us know.
- 10 glamorous fictional worlds we’d do anything to get a real life glimpse of
- Vote for the best bookish Snapchat! Is it Epic Reads, booksandquills or Louise O’Neill?
- The 19 books that shaped everybody’s childhood
- These 13 tweets will totally be you after finishing Tyler Oakley’s ‘Binge’
- MP! Books has a new YouTube home
- These shelfies are serious #goals and we have all the jealousy
- 9 of the bestest, quirkiest, strangest bookshops you can legit visit