Cue heavy breathing because this is a good one.
The authors involved with the #ThisIsWhoIAm tour were asked to add an item to the time capsule that captured the concept for them. And boy oh boy is there some brilliant stuff in there…
This competition is now closed! Congrats to the lucky winner @foureverhannah.
Full list of things authors added to the time capsule:
Harriet Reuter Hapgood – The A-Z of Teen TV (her MA dissertation!)
Eve Ainsworth – Betty Boop alarm clock
Mel Salisbury – Harry Potter Slytherin Head Girl badge
Lauren James – her novel-writing pen
Steven Camden – A Tribe Called Quest ‘People’s Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rhythm’
Lisa Williamson – Sweet Valley High ‘Perfect Edition’
Anna James (chair of the London Piccadilly event) – Michael Ende ‘Momo’
Michelle Toy (chair of the Birmingham event) – Beaches
Sarah Crossan – ideas notebooks
Sara Barnard – writing pen with macaroon (an important baked good item from Beautiful Broken Things!)
Pretty awesome right? Imagine opening THAT up in 100 years time…
So if you wanna win some o’ that time capsule stuff PLUS a stack of books from the authors involved, then you know the drill by now…
…make sure you’re following us @maximumpopbooks and RT the tweet below. AND fill in the form. Winner takes all. Good luck!
— Maximum Pop! Books (@maximumpopbooks) July 28, 2016
Ends 04/08. UK only.
- Missing out on YALC this year? Don’t worry! We’re streaming the whole weekend on Facebook Live!
- Usborne have got a bit of everything in store at YALC: feminism, book samplers and secret reveals
- Quiz: speed reader or slow poke, can you accurately guess how long it takes to read these popular books?
- What’s the link between pop culture and mental health? YA author John Corey Whaley tells all plus WIN! 1 of 10 copies of ‘Highly Illogical Behaviour’ with signed bookplates!
- You’ll be screaming “I do!”after checking out these 5 crazy bookish weddings
- Quiz: are you the geek or It girl? Your results might surprise you!