We went to see ‘Wicked’ at the Apollo Victoria Theatre, and it gave us so many feels we’re not sure what to do with them. Of course, we’d heard of this stunning musical before, and a fair few of our friends have ranted about its pure perfection, too, but we had NEVER seen it live. Now, we can confidently tell you, that it was beautiful and uplifting and inspiring and just bloody brilliant.
Here’s our top 5 reasons you need to grab tickets ASAP:
1. The stage is incredible
You walk into the theatre, crammed with hundreds of eager humans, shuffle yourself to your seats and this gorgeous curtain is in front of you:
Red curtains are overrated. Magnifique, Wicked!
2. You will spend most of the performance in awe of these voices
Where do their voices come from?! How the flippity flap do they reach those ridiculous notes? Honestly, we had our fair share of goosebumps moments during this – a completely pitch perfect cast.
3. The amazing costumes are just awe-inspiring and perfect
Such stunning costumes the whole way through. We particularly loved the Emerald City outfits – fantastically green and the most outlandish, fabulous designs. Check out the site for more.
4. DEFYING GRAVITY
Okay, you’ve heard it on Glee, and probably searched for Idina Menzel’s incredible performance too, but HOLY MOLY – Emma Hatton is mind-blowingly good. We cannot stress just how good this entire song was – vocally, musically, the stage, the lighting, everything.
5. Feels. Major feels.
‘Wicked’ twists the original telling of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ to reveal how warped the truth can become by those in power. At its heart, though, it’s a story of friendship and love, namely between Glinda and Elpheba, who learn to love each other despite their obvious differences.
And no, we weren’t crying. You were crying.
Want more info on Wicked and purchase a couple of tickets to this must-see show? CLICK HERE.
- WIN: Alexandra Bracken’s ‘Passenger’ suitcase prize, plus runners up get “totes” amaze stuff!
- Can you spot Shakespeare in this ‘Where’s Willy?’ challenge?
- Cassandra Clare the most dedicated fans ever!
- 15 #perfectlyflawed gif reactions to reading Cecelia Ahern’s YA debut
- Maximum Pop! Books is on Facebook!
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event
- Discover your current book vibe based on your favourite musical!
- WIN! We have 5 signed copies of Laura Bates’ ‘Girl Up’ to give away