Summer is coming and you know what that means? Festival season!
While some lucky so-and-sos are currently sunning it up in California for Coachella, some of us are looking a little closer to home at this year’s upcoming festival season. There’s plenty to choose from and they’re not cheap.
So we want to help you make the right choice and get the most bops for your buck. We’ve done the really hard task of looking through all of the line ups, now it’s time for you to make your decision…
1) V Festival: We think this one is a no-brainer, in our own humble opinions. Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Troye Sivan, Halsey, Years & Years, Zara Larsson, Rita Ora… The list is pretty much endless. Plus, Sia will make her first live appearances in the UK since 2010! This might just be the golden ticket.
2) Wireless Festival: We get it; not everyone is down with the whole camping thing (even glamping isn’t enough!). You need your bed; you need a shower; that’s absolutely fine! Wireless might be the one for you. Back in London’s Finsbury Park, the line-up includes Calvin Harris, who will give his first headline performance in three years, plus Kygo, Dua Lipa, WSTRN, Jess Glynne and loads more across three days.
3) Glastonbury: The mother of all festivals, this is the big one. The line-up is so varied, there’s bound to be something for everyone (including your parents) Across four epic days, you can catch the likes of Adele, Disclosure, AlunaGeorge, Years & Years and loads more over 100 stages. Yes, you read that correctly; one hundred stages! Phew; we’re tired just thinking about it.
4) Fusion Festival: Another festival for those that aren’t down with the camping. Fusion Festival takes place in Liverpool and has a stellar line-up that includes the likes of Jason Derulo, Busted, Olly Murs, The Vamps, Ella Henderson, Nathan Sykes and Fleur East. This might be the pop lover’s dream.
5) Wild Life Festival: This is the baby of the bunch. It was created last year by Disclosure and Rudimental, two great bands who know how to have a good time. Both bands will headline across two days (and we know both are notorious for coming with loads of special guests) plus performances from Bastille, Snakehips, Anne-Marie and Izzy Bizu. Plus, it’s in the middle of an airport in Brighton! Trust us, this is really cool.
This is just a selection of this summer’s festivals. These line ups can change and more names are set to be added nearer the time so keep your eyes peeled. Give us a shout @maximumpop and let us know what festival you’re hitting this year.