It’s nearly a decade ago… A WHOLE FREAKIN’ DECADE! Can you believe it?
We thought it would be fun to look back and see which books we were fangirling over back then. Will it be nostalgic? Or cringe-worthy?
Well, well, what do we have here?
Melissa Marr’s ‘Wicked Lovely’ was the beginning of something fabulous, and Jay Asher’s ‘Thirteen Reasons Why’ quickly became part of the YA canon.
We might have been BAWLING because Harry Potter had come to an end…
…but we were being awakened to the phenomenon that would become of ‘The Mortal Instruments’.
Cassie Clare saved the day. And look at the cover art!
‘Poison Study’ was released in the format it is known best for (Maria Snyder herself has said that the cover for ‘Poison Study’ captures Yelena perfectly).
We were given the first book in the ‘House of Night’ series which was another fandom to get far too involved with. And hey! It’s ‘Eclipse’! Bella still muddling through #TeamJacob or #TeamEdward.
2007 was a flippin’ good year for books. Imagine if you could go back and experience it all for the first time, all over again. *wistful sigh*
What was YOUR favourite book from 2007? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- WIN! We’ve got 10 copies of Kiera Cass’s ‘The Crown’ to giveaway!
- We’ve got the perfect books to get you in the mood for summer
- Quiz: Who said it: Hermione Granger or Emma Watson?
- Evil twins are a staple in pop culture, but who are our favourites? Find out right here!
- A guide to literary Bristol
- The best part about booktube, finding the community, and being yourself online: a Q&A with booktuber gracewithabookinherface
- You Review: we need 10 MP!ers to read and review Sarah J Maas’s ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’!