Happy Friday! The weekend is nearly upon and we’re planning our TBRs with glee.
So what are the MP Books team reading this weekend?
Laura is still making her way through the ‘Bloodlines series’, which is not at all how she expected it was going to be…
One of Jessica’s summer goals is to read more non-fiction, so she’s set to catch up on the feminist reading everybody else has already done with the great ‘Girl Up’ by Laura Bates. She’s also trying to take a bit of break from YA realistic contemporary with a bit of fantasy in the shape of Leigh Bardugo’s ‘Six of Crows’.
Sarah is officially binge reading ‘The Raven Cycle’ series. This weekend will see book 2 demolished. She hearts Gansey. And Noah. And Chainsaw.
With the help of Lily the cat, Sophie will be diving into ‘Girl Hearts Girl’, a memoir about two girls falling in love online which is out in August, and then moving onto ‘The Boyfriend List’. The Ruby Oliver series is being reissued over the next month and Sophie is EXCITED!
Tell us what you’re reading this weekend at @maximumpopbooks!
- #everybodyURTS: Time to spread some Twitter cheer – what’s your happy place?
- Celebrating female friendship, finding your place and overcoming your doubts: A Q&A with Siobhan Curham
- Lisa Heathfield’s ‘Paper Butterflies’ is so gorgeous, bookstagram just can’t get enough!
- Quiz: which is your “I’m totally over it” song?
- Predating booktube, Wreck This Journal and having a good mix in books, life and videos: A Q&A with booktuber booksandquills
- Some parts of ‘Under Rose Tainted Skies’ were hard, really hard, for author Louise Gornall to write, find out why in this perf Q&A
- Lisa Heathfield’s ‘Paper Butterflies’ is “one of the most punch-you-in-the-stomach-powerful pieces of literature I’ve read this year”
- Siobhan Curham is taking over @maximumpopbooks on Thursday 7th!
- Watch: Amy Alward take on Heads Up and show off her acting skills with Luke Franks! Can she beat the high score?