When two of our fave YA authors, Louise Gornall and Holly Bourne, got together for a little chat about mental health, books, and the inspiration behind Louise’s fab debut ‘Under Rose-Tainted Skies’, we were practically jumping for joy.
These fab ladies are rocking the mental health in YA scene and you definitely won’t want to miss what they have to say in this video:
Holly opens up the interview by telling Louise how much she loved the sensitive portrayal of agoraphobia and OCD in ‘Under Rose-Tainted Skies’. Isn’t it SO GREAT when your fave authors also love each other just as much as you love them?! A collab by these two would be off-the-scales awesome (we can only dream!)
And when Louise begins to open up about her own, personal struggles with mental health and how they led to the publication of her debut, we were overcome with emotion.
Watch it for yourself here:
Love ‘Under Rose-Tainted Skies’ as much as we do? Let us know @maximumpopbooks and share in the book love!
- Quiz: they’re HOW old? Guessing the age of these YA books is almost impossible
- Some parts of ‘Under Rose-Tainted Skies’ were hard, really hard, for author Louise Gornall to write – find out why in this perf Q&A
- We asked for readers’ wildest roadtrip stories and we were not disappointed
- We are feminists, hear us roar! Have you taken part in Holly Bourne’s #IAmAFeminist campaign yet?
- My global tour: Amy Alward tells us which 8 essential items you need to pack if you’re going on tour