We British know that the summer is almost a thing of legend. What is that mysterious thing in the sky? Why does my skin feel prickly and hot? When it’s not rainy or cloudy or freezing cold, honestly we all just feel kind of… confused. And too hot (Hot damn).
Every year, without fail, we realise how ridiculously unprepared we are for the sprinkling of hot weather though, so we’ve decided to collect together 13 hilarious tweets that will resonate with every Briton. We feel ‘ya.
1. Sun cream… what is that again?
2. We don’t trust the Met Office
— Finesse (@_Jeromeo) July 16, 2016
*Suspiciously eyes the weather app*
3. Even our iPhones don’t know how to function
We have one day of British Summer pic.twitter.com/XuMEaEd4Za
— David Rogers (@davidErogers) July 16, 2016
4. We’re unsure what that big ball of fire in the sky IS exactly
— Connie Jackson (@cjaxuk) July 16, 2016
5. Even when we try and embrace it, things go wrong
when the british summer weather is actually perfect for once and its the weekend and you're ready to catch pokemon
and the servers are down
— Tom (@TomBMax19) July 16, 2016
6. British summer barely measures up to the hot weather in other countries, but that won’t stop us complaining
— Katie Scarlett (@katscarlettj) July 16, 2016
7. This is a serious issue we have
Ok so I've been out here 10 mins & I'm boiling in my jeans but if I get changed will the sun still be out in 5 mins?#britishsummerproblems
— Julie (@Julesmiller1980) July 14, 2016
8. Seriously… what IS that?
— Adz (@AC_the2nd) July 16, 2016
9. Even medical professionals like the NHS are confused by the heat (?)
Stay safe in this scorching(?) British summer(?) You can still get sunburn even when its cloudy #staywell
— NHS Portsmouth CCG (@portsmouthCCG) July 16, 2016
10. Our all black aesthetic comes at a cost
ITS SO HOT AND I'M WEARING ALL BLACK I AM DYING
— Meriu (@Meriucchi) July 16, 2016
11. The #BritishSummerProblems are ongoing
I put shorts on then got stung by s stinging nettle all up my leg…. Won't be doing that again #BritishSummerProblems
— em (@emilyinnes) July 16, 2016
12. We’re not exaggerating how unprepared everyone was for the heat
13. And even when we are prepared for it, we blink and it’s gone
— Lauren Square Peg (@SquarePegCIC) July 16, 2016
How are you coping with the heat? Tweet us @maximumpop!
- “There’s a Squirtle in my bra!”: I played Pokemon Go for 24 hours, and this is what I learned
- 10 stages you go through on graduation day
- MP! General Election: the results. Which pop star did you vote to be the next British Prime Minister?
- The ultimate pet quiz: dogs or cats – who do you love more? Find out in our creepily accurate quiz
- 7 things you can legit make in a sandwich maker that will level up your mealtimes
- 8 statements Jennifer Aniston made in THAT article that were feminist af