Jenny Downham’s third novel, ‘Unbecoming’, is finally out in paperback and it’s GORGEOUS! The YA Book Prize-shortlisted novel tells the story of three generations of women in a family, all with secrets, and the ways they clash and collide.
It’s only fair that a beautiful novel should get an equally beautiful cover.
Why do we love it?
1. The Hair. I mean serious hair envy, right there. It’s all flyaway and wispy and gloriously red.
2. GREEN. Green is one of those colours that doesn’t always work, but this just POPS. Especially against the lovely red hair!
3. Font. What do you mean we’re obsessed with fonts and typography?! Okay, yeah, we totally are… But it can really make a cover and it definitely does that with ‘Unbecoming’
But we’re not the only ones that think it’s gorgeous!
@DFB_storyhouse This is beautiful (and it's giving us serious hair envy!)
— The YA Book Prize (@yabookprize) April 7, 2016
— Laura B Main Ellen (@lauramainellen) April 29, 2016
Read it already? Tell us what you thought at @maximumpopbooks!
- 6 reasons why you should totally join our mailer
- What the heck were we obsessing over in 2007?
- We’ve got the perfect books to get you in the mood for summer
- Electric Monkey are publishing four new books from David Levithan!
- Judge a Book by its Cover: Sarah J Maas’s ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ is so gorgeous it’s off the scale!
- Can you guess the book behind the Snapchat filter?
- A Guide to Literary New York City
- Morgan Matson revealed which of her book boys she would have wanted to date in high school!
- 9 reasons you should read the book before you watch the film
- Why should you read ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ – the romance? The world-building? The badass ladies? All of the above!