YouTube phenomenon, Tyler Oakley has just released his debut book, ‘Binge’ which talks about never before spoken about stories that you wouldn’t find on his YouTube channel.
We gave MP!er Amy a copy of the book as part of our You Review. Here’s what she thought about Tyler’s honest approach.
How would you describe Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in a sentence? A YouTuber book that’s definitely worth buying, which will have you laughing out loud.
Tyler relives various personal topics that have happened to him, could you relate to any? I couldn’t relate to any of the stories but it was really nice for him to share the stories and I feel like I definitely learnt from them.
Do you watch Tyler’s YouTube videos? Was the book anything like you expected after you’d seen how he is online? I do watch Tyler’s video and I really enjoy them. I think the book was definitely written like each chapter was a mini video. The writing style reflected his personality so it was something that I did like, however I didn’t expect him to be so personal.
Have you ever come up with a lie to get a photo with someone you fancy? No. But maybe in the future….
Some of the stories had us laughing for ages, which part did you find the funniest? A lot of the stories were really funny. It is really hard to decide however lets just say it involved popcorn and X-Men….
What do you think of the cover? Does it translate well to the stories in ‘Binge’? I do like the cover for ‘Binge’ and I thought it was very clever however I feel like it links to one story.
Have you read any other YouTuber books? What do you think of them? I have read other YouTuber books including Zoella’s ‘Girl Online’ which was a very easy to read book. I also read ‘A Work in Progress’ by Connor Franta which was really well written and one of my favourite books of the year. I also read Carrie Hope Fletcher’s which was a really nice read especially for those younger teenagers.
Rate out of 10. 10. A really honest YouTuber book that is a really enjoyable some could say bingeworthy.
Anything else you’d like to tell us about ‘Binge’? ‘Binge’ is a definitely must for those in love with Youtubers and is a must read.
Get more bingeworthy articles below
- We can’t keep our chill over Tyler’s epic new read.
- Fancy seeing Tyler on his UK book tour?
- Let’s lust over that cover reveal just one more time. #Flawless
- Take our quiz to find out which YouTuber book you should buy.
- Want to grab a copy of Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in exchange for an honest review?
- Find out what happened when we meet the queen himself at his Cardiff book signing.
- Can we see Tyler’s one that got away in his spectacle reflection?
- Zoella thinks you should grab ‘Binge’ on audiobook.
- You can win a SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ with our new competition!
- Get to know one of Tyler’s ex’s, Adam.
- Have a sneak peak at ‘The Gay Chapter’, what’s better than a totally free read? Nothing.
- We have a second SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ to give away!
- ‘Tyler Oakley’s ‘Binge’ shows that life will get better no matter the situation you’re in.