YouTube phenomenon, Tyler Oakley has just released his debut book, ‘Binge’ which talks about never before spoken about stories that you wouldn’t find on his YouTube channel.
We gave MP!er Jess a copy of the book as part of our You Review. Here’s what she thought about Tyler’s honest approach.
How would you describe Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in a sentence? Wonderfully weird and fantastically funny.
Tyler relives various personal topics that have happened to him, could you relate to any? There’s not really any situations that I believe I can personally relate to, but the way that Tyler writes and shares his experiences makes you feel like you have lived them yourself, that you can experience the same embarrassment, sadness, intense happiness — he makes you feel like you can relate to his experiences even if nothing even remotely similar has happened to you.
Do you watch Tyler’s YouTube videos? Was the book anything like you expected after you’d seen how he is online? Yes, I watch Tyler’s YouTube videos and have done for a few years now, though I do have quite a bit of catching up to do. I don’t know what I expected the book to be like to be honest, but I very much enjoyed it all the same.
Have you ever come up with a lie to get a photo with someone you fancy? Can’t say that I have; I’m too shy to even talk to them.
Some of the stories had us laughing for ages, which part did you find the funniest? I found a lot of it hilarious, but I must say my favourite bit/the funniest bit was the “high school camp counsellor” chapter; that had me laughing loudly for a long time.
What do you think of the cover? Does it translate well to the stories in ‘Binge?’ The cover is perfect. I believe it translates the stories very well.
Have you read any other YouTuber books? What do you think of them? ‘Binge’ was the first YouTuber book I have read, and it was definitely a book to binge on.
Rate out of 10: 10/10
Get more bingeworthy articles below
- We can’t keep our chill over Tyler’s epic new read.
- Fancy seeing Tyler on his UK book tour?
- Let’s lust over that cover reveal just one more time. #Flawless
- Take our quiz to find out which YouTuber book you should buy.
- Want to grab a copy of Tyler’s ‘Binge’ in exchange for an honest review?
- Find out what happened when we meet the queen himself at his Cardiff book signing.
- Can we see Tyler’s one that got away in his spectacle reflection?
- Zoella thinks you should grab ‘Binge’ on audiobook.
- You can win a SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ with our new competition!
- Get to know one of Tyler’s ex’s, Adam.
- Have a sneak peak at ‘The Gay Chapter’, what’s better than a totally free read? Nothing.
- We have a second SIGNED COPY of ‘Binge’ to give away!