We were all thinking it during the election rallies and the impending doom that was Trump winning the election. The parallels between his campaign of horror and the Harry Potter villain’s road to power are a little too similar. So we’re 100% convinced. Trump is Voldemort, or at the very least, a horcrux. Here’s why:
1. The face. Have you ever seen a face so smushed and confusing? We’re talking about Trump, but Voldemort looks like an egg with no nose so neither are winning any beauty pageants any time soon. IRONIC, eh Trump?
2. That hair. Is Trump actually doing a Quirrell with that awful mess on top of his head?
3. Dumbledore cancels exams. All the time. But it’s especially important when Voldemort rose again because would ya look at that… US colleges cancel exams after students are traumatized seeing Trump come into power.
4. Opinions of supremacy and racism – Who knows exactly what Trump will or will not do in regards to immigration and deportation. At this point anything goes. But what we do know is that Voldemort had some very particular opinions on pureblooded magic users…
5. “Kill the spare” – Said Voldemort of Cedric Diggory. Was it necessary? Nope. Was it necessary for Trump to fire the inaugural announcer? Ditched after doing the job since 1957. Rude.
FAKE NEWS – A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 11, 2017
Yep, well. You’re not entirely wrong.
7. His supporters are a little more than scary sometimes… Like the woman who said “so what? They’re Muslims.” on CNN. So what? They’re Mudbloods.
8. Magic is Might! = Make America Great Again!
9. It’s a small wonder he hasn’t declared his birthday a national holiday yet… Where would we have seen something like that before?
10. Voldemort took control of wizarding paper ‘The Daily Prophet’… Trump tries to control the media and happily shouts down free speech.
11. ‘Potterwatch’ was a private broadcast of hope during a dangerous time of the second wizarding war. Similarly, people have been rebelling on their own social medias, broadcasting frustrations, messages of hope, and prayers of a brighter future.
12. The Ministry of Magic denied Voldemort’s return and rise, plastering it as lies all over the papers. Didn’t the media do something similar to Trump? At first not believing that it would actually be possible for him to make it all the way to the White House.
13. Times may be be hard. But if Harry Potter and his pals could find strength in the darkness, then so can the American people, and the world. Dumbledore was right: “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
But actually, let’s be honest. Real honest. Trump is worse than Voldemort:
How horrible. Voldemort was nowhere near as bad. https://t.co/hFO0XmOpPH
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) December 8, 2015
Sure you can argue this:
@jk_rowling as horrible as I think this man (using the word loosely) is I do think Voldemort, being a murderer several times over, is worse.
— Shawn Marie (@ShawnMarieH) December 8, 2015
But give him time. He can still grow into his Dark Lord shoes.
Are you convinced? Should we start searching for Trump’s horcruxes? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below.