In the run up to Christmas, Santas – both secret and red, jolly and rambunctious – were giving the gift of books. As were we here at Maximum Pop! We surprised all our lovely readers who took part in the #MP!SecretSanta with an extra special book of their own, a special proof copy of ‘The Raging Light’ by Estelle Laure.
‘This Raging Light’ is the story of Lucille, who, despite being only 17, years old – has suddenly become the only person left to look after her 9-year old sister – definitely not time to be falling in love with your best friend’s brother.
This is a book that will make you feel all the things, and a book full of the importance of random acts of kindness. And, well, we thought, what be kinder than to give people copies?
You were all clearly as excited to read this as we were, as twitter quickly exploded in the hashtag #RagingKindness and pictures of this gorgeous book.
— Kirsty (@kirsty_reads) December 24, 2015
Yes, we know. Surprise books are definitely the best books, we endeavour to always provide you with unexpected and wonderful stories.
The love for ‘This Raging Light’ didn’t stop there though. There was also THE BEST EVER POEM!
Some of you noticed that the book actually had the title hidden in there in special shininess, just waiting to catch the light.
— Smelleykins (@Smelleykins) December 23, 2015
— ☾lu☽ (@Lucimeatsix) December 23, 2015
Finally, let’s all read this amazingly cute blog post from Jess over on Paper Utopia. She talks about her entire experience with buying a book for her #MP!SecretSanta, receiving on specially picked out present, and getting a final, surprise copy of ‘This Raging Light’ as well.
We hope you all loved receiving them and are now loving reading them.
It definitely helped share the Christmas love!
— Beth book blogger (@BookLoverx) December 23, 2015
Tell us what you think of ‘This Raging Light’. Tweet us at @maximumpopbooks.
- What books did we read in December and now want to scream about from the rooftops?
- MP!er Tayler stayed up way too late reading because she needed to see how ‘My Life Next Door’ developed.
- Which lovable misfit from James Dawson’s ‘All of the Above’ are you?
- Read the first chapter of the ‘Half Bad’ finale, ‘Half Lost’.
- ‘Throne of Glass’ Colouring Book: what we hope to see in this September 2016 release
- Can you guess what DIMILY author Estelle Maskame did to the first boy she kissed? Find out here
- QUIZ: Which January YA release should you read first?
- YA romance favourite, Huntley Fizpatrick, names her top 10 swooniest moments in fiction – incl. 10 Things I Hate About You!
- Trailer: need a fab new read? Check out Marianne Levy’s ‘Accidental Superstar’
- Illumicrate November Round-Up: 3 reasons you need to subscribe to the February box ASAP
- Divergent-inspired New Years Resolutions: “Find out why Caleb looks so familiar” – Tris