Eugene Lambert’s debut, ‘Sign of One’, is set on a horrifying dump world called Wrath. Identical twins are feared and only one will grow up human, while the other becomes a condemned monster with ‘twisted’ blood. When sixteen-year-old Kyle is betrayed, he flees for his life with the help of Sky, a rebel pilot with trust issues. As the hunt intensifies, Kyle soon realises that he is no ordinary runaway – although he has no idea why he warrants this level of pursuit.
Sounds brilliant, right? Luckily, the cover is just as awesome! Here’s a few things we love about it:
1. That tagline! ‘One for Sorrow, Two for Death’ sounds like some creep-tastic version of a nursery rhyme. *shivers*
2. The pop of red. Black, grey and RED. Love it! But what does it mean??
3. We’re a sucker for super cool typography and ‘Sign of One’ has that in spades! We love the lined letters of Eugene’s name and the stenciled letters of the title.
4. Is it weird that we kinda want to high five the hand…?
Read it already? Tell us what you thought @maximumpopbooks!
- Watch: Prince Oliver from Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer’s ‘Off The Page’ fumbling in his new RL situation
- WIN! We’ve got 10 signed copies of ‘Chasing the Stars’ by Malorie Blackman to give away!
- 6 things to do with books you didn’t really like
- 7 Series We Didn’t Want to End. Ever.
- WIN! We’ve got 5 signed copies of ‘Dream House’ to give away YouTube sensation Mariza ‘CutiePieMariza’ Bisognin
- Shadowhunter Super Fan Event in Snaps: 25 pics from Saturday’s event
- Wear your bookish love loud and proud and nab yourself a bookish t-shirt