This week in the UK it’s Eating Disorder Awareness Week, and people everywhere are sharing their true stories of struggles and triumphs with eating disorders of all varieties. To help spread understanding we here at Maximum Pop! have 10 copies of Nancy Tucker’s beautiful ‘The Time in Between’ to give away to you.
When Nancy Tucker was nine years old her class were asked to write down what they wanted most in life. She thought, and thought, and then, though she didn’t know why, she wrote: ‘I want to be thin.’ Now only 22-years old, Nancy chronicles her decade-long experience with an eating disorder – her time in hospital, her struggles at school and the reactions she received from those around her. Amazingly insightful, very witty and completely moving throughout; this is the perfect book to read to get a better understanding on what eating disorders actually are like to live within.
This competition is now closed. Congratulations to the winners @ToniShadows, @bestofbookrevws, @paperutopia_, @okayclary, @albainbookland, @louisejay89, @PrythianBworm, @BeckiRey, @grifffindorgirl, and @booksandmath.
To win 1 of 10 signed copies of ‘The Time in Between’ simply follow @maximumpopbooks and retweet the following tweet and you’ll be entered into the prize draw:
— Maximum Pop! Books (@maximumpopbooks) February 26, 2016
- Five fantastic YA reads, recommended by you, that really open your eyes to eating disorders
- We spent an afternoon at Faber finding out all their bookish secrets – check it out
- ‘Front Lines’ by Michael Grant looks beautiful on Insta
- MP! EXCLUSIVE: the official World Book Day Teen Fest Online Line Up – with Rainbow Rowell, Sally Green & MORE
- Happy ever afters, Brooklyn coffee shops & love without language: a Q&A with Tommy Wallach
- LGBT titles coming 2016 you’ll want to add to your TBR
- Check out the cover for Alice Oseman’s ‘Radio Silence’: “the colours are incredible”