Attention all bookworms and bibliophiles: Amy Alward’s ‘The Potion Diaries’ is out TODAY. That’s right – that means all your pre-ordered copies will be arriving through your door any minute, or if you haven’t already bought your copy, you can rush out and buy it straight off the shelf.
We couldn’t be more excited for Amy and her team on her release day – which is pretty much like a birthday for books. And what’s a birthday without a birthday party? Even when celebrating the birthing of books into the big bad world, you need friends, tasty treats and festive decorations.
Which is exactly what ‘The Potion Diaries’ got.
In honour of its release, June 30th saw Waterstones Picadilly decked out like a ‘Potion Diaries’ dream with stacks of Amy Alward’s beautiful book on display. Probably to make those without copies lust after it horribly. We know that’s how we’d be feeling.
Surrounded by friends and family, Amy also had some special guests in attendance, such authors Non Pratt, James Dawson and Laure Eve. On top of that, colleagues from both HarperCollins where Amy previously worked and Penguin Random House Children’s where she currently works as editorial director and Zoella’s editor showed up in all their finery.
We also can’t get over how adorable the entire event looked. From potions and ingredients (seen below) such as Passion Drops and Merpearl, to ‘Potion Diaries’ themed cupcakes and bunting, it looked like a party not to be missed.
- Check out the ace trailer for ‘The Potion Diaries’
- Zoella is getting tres excited for ‘The Potion Diaries’ – and you should be too
- We need YOU to review ‘The Potion Diaries’ – and 2 other brand new Simon & Schuster titles
- Which of Samantha Kemi’s potions do you need today?
- Looking for a new book suggestion? Amy Alward has a few for you
- Amy Alward tells you what it’s like to be Zoella’s editor on a day to day basis
- If you didn’t think you should go on a gap year before, Amy Alward might just change your mind