There’s no denying that River is obsessed with ‘The Graces’ in Laure Eve’s book. It’s their witchy charm, their cool grace and aloof nature. And there’s just something that you just can’t ever put your finger on… You just want to be near them!
And they aren’t the only characters in fiction to have the same effect on us. Here we list some of our favourite smooth operators. PLEASEBEOURFRIENDANDWEWILLLOVEYOUFOREVER!
1. The Darkling from ‘The Grisha’ series by Leigh Bardugo
Start as you mean to go on eh? And who else has more charisma and dark allure than The Darkling himself?
“I’ve been waiting for you a long time, Alina” He said. “You and I are going to change the world.”
2. River West from ‘Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke
This guy is trouble, that’s for sure. And if you’ve read the second book you can understand the path Violet ends up choosing. But there is something about his confidence and his vibe that we just live for his moments on the page. Good or bad.
“You stop fearing the Devil when you’re holding his hand…”
3. Katherine Pierce from ‘The Vampire Diaries’
You have to admit there is something wickedly charming about this girl. No one would mess with you if she was your BFF that’s for sure.
4. Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass from the ‘Gossip Girl’ series
One on their own would be enough, but both together? Dangerous. We’d love to witness their cool charisma and presence in the flesh though,
stalking finding them on the social medias ain’t enough.
5. The Sidhe from ‘The Call’ by Peadar O’Guilin
These terrifying and brutal fey might be bad to the bone but you can’t pretend that they aren’t fascinating.
6. The Commander of Ixia from Maria V. Snyder’s ‘Study’ series
Aside from the MASSIVE SPOILERS which we won’t mention, Yelena starts off as a food taster for the Commander, and then as an emissary and then… enemy? Maybe? But the Commander’s intelligence and cunning is totes enthralling.
7. Literally every Falcone brother from Catherine Doyle’s ‘Blood for Blood’ series
Literally. Each one. The brothers have their own charm and defining quality and they’re all probably equally as dangerous in their own way too. Don’t mess with the mafia, yo!
8. Sevro from the ‘Red Rising’ series
Why is this guy scary? Because he needs a bath. And you’ll probably catch a disease or lose an eye if you get to close to him, Why is he so magnetic? It’s his honesty. And his devil-may-care attitude. His rough and gruff and rude. And we can’t help but LOVE him.
9. Sebastian Michaelis from the ‘Black Butler’ series
He is simply one HELL of a butler. He may be a demon but this guy has serious skills. And he’s totally swoonworthy. So.. double points.
10. Rhysand from ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’ and ACOMAF
This dark, aloof, arrogant, perfect-faced beast of a fae is more than a little stand-offish at first. And probably more than capable of destroying you with a look. But seriously… swoon. Very hard swooning.
11. Thalia, Fenrin and Summer from The Graces.
This trio have an ethereal aura about them and its no wonder River becomes obsessed with breaking into that inner circle of captivating individuals.
Who are your faves? Should we gone there and involved someone like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named? Let us know in the comments!
And hey, you want to experience the charm yourself? You can get your copy of ‘The Graces’ right here.
- QUIZ: We zoomed in on some of our favourite YA covers. Can you work out what they are?
- Can you handle 30 seconds in ‘Cell 7’?
- Quiz: we recommend a classic read based on your fave YA
- 21 must-have accessories for your planner!
- 8 reasons ‘Cell 7’ needs bumped up your TBR
- 9 Harry Potter spin-offs we’d read in a heartbeat
- Quiz: Are you a witch or nah? Find out if your power to enthrall is more or less supernatural
- MP! Bookish Awards: We know what Marie Rutkoski is writing next + WIN the ‘Winner’s’ trilogy!