With the release of Kiera Cass’s ‘The Crown’, we may weep at the finale of a great series, but more than anything, we despair at not being able to dive into this world anymore to pretend WE WERE LIVING IT!
So, just in case you got yourself some ‘Selection’ blues, here’s how to pick yo’self up. Here’s how to princess:
1. Choose your side! Are you a classic fairy tale/Disney princess wannabe?
Or are we talkin’ the SF/Fantasy type?
2. Either way, it’s important to befriend all the animals. Like this:
Or like this:
3. Make a statement with your appearance. Appearances are NOT everything, but having that one thing that will immortalise you, THAT’S the key:
Even if it’s a winning smile. (why gotta be human?)
4. Sass. And lots of it.
5. Princes are cool. But don’t take no crap from them. YOU’RE the princess, after all.
6. Still, it helps to hold a certain kind of decorum, manners, etiquette…
7. Got chores? Welp. Better call in a favour with those animal friends you made earlier:
8. The grand entrance. Every princess has her moment. Make yours count.
9. If you want to live in a world where inanimate objects are your best buds, then you live that dream. Who DOESN’T want this lot as their #squad?
10. And another thing about those princes: It’s completely acceptable to demand he remain in his previous form. You’re not changin’ for no one, and neither should he.
Also, we don’t mind admitting crushing on the beast before he got his human face back. Gaww!
12. Say yes to corsets…
…Say no to corsets.
Say “into the garbage chute, flyboy!”
13. Get a horse.
14. Wear your hair down. Preferable in a strong wind.
15. Again. Those princes. They dumb. You can princess just fine without them.
16. Because you’ll never be lonely. Not when you’ve got friends as cute as this:
17. Never forget to own it. Enjoy it. Because who da queen? You are. Someday.
What tips do you have for EPIC PRINCESSING? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
Also, don’t forget you can still get your copy of ‘The Crown’ right here.
- Call yourself a fan of LGBT+ YA? We bet you haven’t read all of these…
- All the reasons why we want to be like Mary from Jenny Downham’s ‘Unbecoming’ when we’re older
- Judge a book by its cover: Sarah J Maas’s ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ is so gorgeous it’s off the scales!
- Win! 1 of 10 copies of Laura Lam’s ‘False Hearts’ + Laura Lam reveals clues about book 2!
- Reading has never been more comfy, or classy, with the help of these fab cushions
- 6 reasons why you should totally join our mailer
- Booktube precusor, breaking the mould, and pottering around Pottermore: a Q&A with booktuber Sablecaught
- WIN! 1 of 10 ‘A Court of Mist and Fury’ goody bags