Our phones are like an extension of our arms, right? Sending a quick message to your mate when something funny, sad, frustrating happens has become second nature.
But what if we placed phones into the hands of some of our favourite characters from fiction? The story might have turned out a little differently, that’s for sure.
You’ve probably seen some of these around the web, but here’s our own imaginings of Ron Weasley failing to grasp the severity of the situation:
She totally should have texted Harry…
Or maybe not. Perhaps someone with more class and refinement will have more luck on the texting front?
Uhh, ok. So maybe Mr Darcy would be the same, ever charming prince via SMS too. *eye roll*
But then, when you think about it, was Elizabeth Bennett’s behaviour completely flawless? Good friends will always be honest with you…
We merrily put a mobile device into anyone we could think of. And who would be better with a smartphone than Dracula?
Good call, Mina. Good call. Not everyone is as well versed in the art of txt tlk however:
And we all now the evils that technology can bring. A player has to watch his back…
And your phone can’t help you out of EVERY situation…
And then when mothers get involved…
Boys will always be boys, it seems.
But some can be counted on in slightly awkward ‘fangirl’ situations:
Which characters would you like to see texting each other? Tweet us @maximumpopbooks
- DATING FAILS: In honour of Holly Bourne’s ‘How Hard Can Love Be?’, the MP! Books team shares their most embarrassing stories
- 5 reasons why we are beyond excited for the release of Cassandra Clare’s ‘Lady Midnight’
- Author Lucy Ivison pays tribute to the late, great Louise Rennison
- Youtuber Caspar Lee announces release of book, and it broke the Waterstones website
- 25 signs you might be living in a YA dystopian novel
- Harry Potter House Pride creates community and pure fandom joy!
- #bookconfession – we’ve read them all, and we shall pass judgement
- QUIZ: Which Shadowhunter rune do you need?
- QUIZ: Who’s your YA bad boy crush?