- One of the best selling musicians of all time.
- Multiple Grammy Award winner.
- The youngest woman ever to be included in ‘Forbes” “100 Most Powerful Women”.
- Cat lady…
Taylor is known for her glamorous squad featuring massive names such as Kendall Jenner and Cara Delevingne, but her cat squad is just as famous as any of those names. She owns two of the most recognisable felines in the world, Meredith Grey and Olivia Benson.
Meredith is named after Ellen Pompeo’s ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ character and Olivia gets her name from Mariska Hargitay’s ‘Law & Order’: Special Victims character. Best cat names EVER!
Taylor Swift is clearly infatuated with her furry friends (judging by her Instagram at least) so we thought we’d list some of her cattiest moments. You’ll either be cat-atonic or feline fine after this!
1) When Taylor did an advert for Diet Coke filled with furry cuteness.
The advert was released just before ‘1989’ came out as well so this was the first time anyone heard ‘How You Get the Girl’ (except maybe Austin). FACT!
2) When Tay Tay had no regrets spending her Saturday nights alone with her cats after her ‘1989’ tour finished. #sorrynotsorry.
She also has full blown conversations with them and they clearly understand EVERYTHING she says. P.s. how shady is Meredith? Judge much?
3) When everyone knew that she was obsessed with cats so she got a feline-themed pie for her birthday/Thanksgiving.
They captured Meredith and Olivia’s mournfulness perfectly.
4) When she missed Olivia so much when she was on tour that she got a cardboard cut-out of her made specially.
In any other context this could be quite terrifying.
5) When she dedicated love songs to her cats.
Because love can move mountains (and in this case the Atlantic Ocean).
6) When Taylor gave her cats the opportunity to meet their namesakes.
Not that they gave a stuff about it.
7) When she got the whole family involved in her cat love affair.
Taylor’s fam is so cute!
So many #catgoals. Here’s to many more years of Meredith and Olivia ruling Instagram. Tweet us @maximumpop if you’re here for Taylor’s love for her pets.